What Sins Do You See?

Sisters, do you ever look and glaze over scripture because you think you aren't doing the things it mentions? Look closely at this one below. I think we tend to look at the "really bad stuff" or the "stuff we are not doing"....and conveniently not read the words of things we ARE doing.

Do we have hatred in our hearts? Do we ever spread discord and dissentions with running our mouth? Talebearing is condemned many times in scripture. We women are especially guilty of doing this. Ask yourself, are you?

Do we have 'fits of rage'? Ever deal with jealousy and envy? Sexual immorality? You might not be acting on it, but ask yourself.....how is your thought life? Are we lusting over other men who we are not married to? What is the new term?...eye candy, I believe. We can sweeten it up, but it is still adultery of the heart.

Selfish ambition? I don't think I have met anyone who does not display this to some level.

I would guess most of us deal with SEVERAL of these. If you are like me, sometimes you glance at a scripture and not really let it sink in and convict YOU accordingly. I know this morning as I was reading this verse, I let them sink in better and I do have some repenting to do. Let us read all of the words of scripture, not just the ones we WANT to read.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Comments